
We had a better idea of where to start today: some algebra in the morning and geometry in the afternoon. It's very challenging to gauge how far into a lesson we'll make it--especially because the class periods are shorter than I'm used to!

Tomorrow I think we'll begin doing some more practice test problems to help the students do some "thinking like the test". We'll go through how to read problems and answer them thoroughly!
(Thanks to Jimie for being a quick-thinking photographer!)
Hi Erika,
ReplyDeleteIt is good seeing your students and you in action (and some triangles on the board). Thank you Jimie!
Erika, I remember the great math lessons you taught at North Pole HS on triangles.
Reading-nice, I am glad you embrace your new situation with courage.
Ute
Erika--you never know when you are going to need those content reading strategies. You are getting a good dose of rural AK teaching by moving from math to reading. Everyone should have a taste of teaching other disciplines to see just how it feels. I'm impressed by how smoothly you and Jimie seem to be making the transition from Fairbanks to Russian Mission. Good job.
ReplyDeletelarry
do they have long classes.
ReplyDeletewow it seems prety fun over there! is it colder over there? its been 55 below zero with windchill here. two weeks ago alot of people got stuck in the house cause of a blizard. math class isnt the same with out you. :)
ReplyDeleteGlenn
hi ms. Burr its me quinton. bye
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeletethis is Kelley....typing
looks like i caught another cold.
my grades are staying at an average B+,
and i failed the permit test a third time.
Okay, Bye Bye!!
This is TTT3 what are you guys doing down there.
ReplyDeleteha
ReplyDeletesooooooooooooooooooooo
ReplyDeleteThis is TTT3: You know what can be fun, doing outside activities like a field trip or a hike on your last day there... if it isn't that cold.
ReplyDeleteBonjour! It's really swell that you've had the opportunity to try teaching other subject areas. Did you have the chance to really plan your reading lesson or were you there more as a tutor/classroom helper?
ReplyDeleteOne thing that I've learned that you may mention to your students is that if you want to sound smart, you should refer to everything as "shallow and pedantic."