
Judy and I woke up to a nearly silent trailer this morning…the village had lost power in the early morning. Judy’s cabin doesn’t have central heat and all her space heaters run on electricity, so not only was the trailer quiet, it was cold! We shuffled around lighting candles and trying to get ready in the dark. I skipped my shower for fear of losing water pressure. Last I heard the mechanic they flew in was still working on getting the village generators online. The school is running on it's own generator..Jason hopes we have enough fuel to get through the night...

School started on time and attendance seemed unaffected despite the village-wide power outage. Our first class had the usual four who diligently reviewed yesterday’s lesson and stayed on board through our test questions practice.

On Wednesdays school ends early and the teachers meet with Jason in the elementary school. This afternoon after discussing past in-service trainings and the calendar for the next year, we broke into smaller groups. The other jr./sr. high teachers had an IEP meeting, so Jimie and I stayed with the elementary teachers. Most of the elementary teachers are from the village or near by and they agree that Russian Mission is one of the best places to work.
how many people r in that village
ReplyDeletehey miss bur this is joey we lost power on tuesday 4 1 hour it was cool
ReplyDeletehey miss Bur, how are you? so you look like you are having fun up there.But again it sounds so cold.so we all miss you alot and we wont be forgetting you, so don't be forgetting us.
ReplyDeleteby Brittni Albert
There are between 300 and 400 people in Russian Mission!
ReplyDeleteIf all goes as planned I should see you all back in school on Monday!