Sunday, March 22, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggedy jig!



Miraculously all of our flights were on schedule (the only hiccup was almost letting the plane to Aniak leave without us because I had it in my mind that we were going to Bethel--but Jimie saved us)!

After only a week, I have to admit I hardly feel qualified to come to any conclusions about the community or whether it would really be the right place for me to work and live.



But...as we were leaving, I couldn't help running through the high points of our trip and thinking, this could be the place for me. I don't think I'm ready to be a teacher "in the bush" yet, but perhaps in a few years, it might be a great change of pace. I truly enjoyed my week in Russian Mission and am very grateful to the school community for taking us in as their own.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erika,
    Welcome home! I enjoyed reading your journal.
    See you in class.

    ReplyDelete